Thursday, December 07, 2017

The Christmas Crap Chronicles

I know that boring old pictures of Christmas trees are both boring and old, but I dragged up a full three generations’ worth of Christmas decorations in jumbles of boxes and bags and bins from the basement last weekend in my one-son crusade to make my poor mother help me figure out what we wanted to keep and what we just needed to get out of our way while it all still had value at Goodwill, and as of tonight, the last of the give-aways are given away, the last of the nicely stackable decoration-storage bins are stacked neatly on the shelves of the newly-far-less-cluttered basement storage room, and we all have a lovely, unobstructed view of our lovely boring old Christmas tree.

(That dime-store-clearance angel at the top is in grave danger of meeting an accidental fiery death when nobody’s looking though. But you didn’t hear that from me.)

No comments: