Saturday, August 09, 2003

I ran my first 7-mile training run this morning and I actually feel pretty good. I've had some issue with my right hip flexor all week, though -- it's gotten so bad that it's given me a noticeable limp -- and so far it's the only part of my body that isn't too happy with today's run.

And I've started stealing training strategies from people I've run with. M., the highly disinterested date, makes a game of passing everyone he can when he runs -- especially those who pass him first. I tried that this morning and was able to overcome a good third of the people on the trail. Now I just have to discipline myself to throw sprints into my runs -- and stick with them -- to get me to a faster level.

Now I'm off to join Paul and Mike et al. for some Market Days crowds and noise and sweat. Wish me luck.

No comments: