Saturday, August 02, 2003

I guess I should stop complaining that I never get invited anywhere -- I'm going to FOUR parties tonight. At least I'm going to try to hit all four. They're actually spaced chronologically so I could easily make an appearance at each one. But they're spaced geographically to make full attendance for me as challenging as possible. Plus, I have a coffee date at 4:30 with the nicest, cutest guy. He's clever, gainfully employed, totally hot, funny as hell, into me ... and HE DOENS'T DO DRUGS. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I find out he's really a woman or a serial killer or a Scalia fan or something horrible like that.

I had a second date with M. last night. But I need to stop even thinking of our get-togethers as dates. As soon as he got in the door, we picked a movie from my growing DVD collection ("Some Like it Hot" -- which we didn't find to be entertaining in the least), we popped it into the player ... and sat quietly next to each other with our knees BARELY touching for two hours. And as soon as it was over he got up and headed for the door. But he decided he wanted to run with me this morning (and he's a much more experienced runner than I am, so I was just a big, gasping pussyboy dragging him down as he sailed through our five miles), and he talked about cooking me breakfast, but that didn't happen. Oh, well.

No comments: