Saturday, November 25, 2017

Ho! Ho! Ho! Ho! Ho! Ho! Ho!

I’m finally going through the crates and crates of Christmas decorations that I amassed over my 15 years in Chicago so I can send the stuff back to my ex that he wants, keep the stuff that I want and give the rest to Goodwill in a seasonally timely manner. And I’m both amazed and appalled that I/we (but mostly I because I was the one with the decorating addiction) managed to collect SEVEN Santa hats. Aside from doing Boystown’s annual Santa Speedo Run a couple times, we had no other earthly reason to own more than two Santa hats. And why is our irresponsible surplus of Santa hats an odd number? What does this say about us as holiday consumers?

This will haunt me way longer than my childhood fear of enormously heavy reindeer crashing through our roof.

No comments: