Sunday, January 04, 2004

WHEW.

It's all done. I finished painting the front hall today -- after starting on Tuesday. The stripes look really cool, but all that measuring and taping and peeling took forever. I also got all the new light switches installed (now a good 75% of the switches in my house are on dimmers -- how gay am I?) and the carpet scrubbed and vacuumed and everything put away. Now all I have to do is hang the pictures and return all the DIY stuff I bought but didn't use.

And I got everything done just in time for Matt and Matthew to come over for Sex and the City. They were duly impressed with all my handiwork -- though they could have just been being nice so I'd let them drink my soda.

I also called W. and T. to thank them for last night. They seemed genuinely pleased to hear from me. And I just melted. :)

Now I'm off to bed so I can be all rested up for my first day at work since the 22nd.

No comments: