Monday, August 05, 2019

My name’s Jake, and I’m (mildly) dilated to meet you

The scheduling fates lined me up with back-to-back (hot) doctor appointments this morning. I’ve gone from getting my hot-dermatologist stitches out to getting a hot-ophthalmologist vision baseline as a follow-up to my (fully dilated) migraine visit a month ago. And while Hot Ophthalmologist an awesome band name, both hot doctors have wedding rings and photos of their wives and kids in their offices. Which means we won’t be scheduling any cake tastings for the wedding reception just yet. Plus being dilated has made it profoundly challenging to type this. So please excuse any lipos.

1 comment:

canoetoo said...

Hi Jake ... I lost track of your blog for awhile. I guess there were a couple of years where you weren't posting much. I went looking for you a few weeks ago and found you. So I'm happy to get a few smiles every day as you make your way through life after Chicago. (And I get nearly every Sondheim reference.)

Sorry to hear about your dealing with the many challenges of being bi-polar. Good to hear that you're coping well these days and seem to have survived with your goofy sense of humour intact. All the best to you.