Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Two days until my Big Birthday Broadway Binge Bash!

I'm glad I listened to the buzz, followed my show-tune-loving heart and bought my tickets early, because the Tony nominations came out this morning and I freaking SCORED on tickets that will for the foreseeable show-tune-loving future be impossible to get.

To wit:SpongeBob Squarepants: 12 Tony nominations!
Mean Girls: 12 Tony nominations!
Frozen: 3 Tony nominations!
The Boys in the Band: 0 Tony nominations, but it's about gay people and gay people are gross and besides even though "band" is CLEARLY in the title it's not a musical and why the hell would anyone do a show about gross gay people that isn't a musical?

I still have room for one more show, which I plan on letting the vicissitudes of TKTS decide for me. I'm interested in seeing Lobby Hero (3 Tony nominations!), Hello, Dolly! (Bernadette Peters!), Waitress (Katharine McPhee! Because I have a weird gay crush on her!), Dear Evan Hansen (Better late than never!), The Iceman Cometh (Kidding! Hate that show!), or anything any trusted friend or stranger recommends.
But hurry--recommendations are being accepted only until Thursday night when I stand before the oracles of the TKTS ticket booth. So throw them at me!

#HowToTurn50

No comments: