Sunday, September 03, 2017

This project ran way longer than I expected

Unlike normal people with social lives, I spent my holiday weekend evening making a wall of my favorite running bibs and medals, which looked way cooler in my head than it ended up looking in this cacophony of color and shine and WHY ARE THERE NO DAMN GOVERNMENT STANDARDS MANDATING THAT ALL RUNNING BIBS BE THE EXACT SAME SIZE? SERIOUSLY.

Note: Hanging a medal rack in drywall when you've forgotten to charge your drill so you use the bad-idea-man's pound-n-pull-nail method of "drilling" holes instead only results in creating bigger and bigger holes in the wall. And in your heart.

Also note: I have NO idea what I think of that lamp. I keep deciding it's ugly and then I find a beautiful visual dialogue between the austere, confident architecture of its base and the ornately lined florals of its shade. And then I get distracted by show tunes and SQUIRREL!

Also note: There may or may not be a couple disco-ball necklaces from my sordid past as a Chicago pride parade float dancer hanging among my medals.

Also note: "Don't Forget Me" from Bombshell was playing on that super-cute little speaker when I took this picture. Actually, it still is as I write this. Because I -- again -- may or may not have been playing it on auto repeat for the last hour.

Also note: Yup.

No comments: