Friday, March 31, 2017

Flashback Friday: Tulips, One Loop Edition

I bravely took this picture in the middle of the bustling Chicago Loop lunchtime crowds back when it was weird to stop and take pictures in the middle of bustling Chicago Loop lunchtime crowds. But I'm nothing if not a pacesetter, and gorgeous tulips is gorgeous tulips and I miss the always-in-full-bloom floral oases all over the Chicago sidewalks. Especially because there are no damn bunnies there to chew everything to shreds the very night after you plant it so you wake up angry and dejected and helplessly yelling anti-bunny epithets at nobunny in particular when you see the carnage the next morning like I did in my very first backyard one fine spring day in 1994 but I'm not still bitter and fourth-term fundraising chair of my local Anti-Bunny League chapter 491, no not at all. But you'd better enjoy these gorgeous tulips before some damn bunnies come chew them up and spit them out like your hopes and dreams.

No comments: