Tuesday, August 17, 2004

A confluence of bloggers

Hunky little Andy organized a small gay-bloggers get-together last night at Sidetrack. The others in attendance were my friend Rick from the chorus and Palochi, who looked vaguely familiar. After chatting a bit, we realized we not only work for the same company, but our offices are on the same floor. Who knew there was another homo blogging away on company time just on the other side of the bathrooms?

Sunday's 11-mile run was catching up with me by the time I got to Sidetrack, though, so I probably wasn't a lot of fun. I did manage to stay awake long enough to sing along with a bunch of show tunes (there's always room for show tunes), but I was home in bed and out cold by midnight.

Before I left for the bar, though, I hung my newly painted block shelves that Jeff made me, and I perched charming little votive candles on them to create a warm and inviting glow. They look just as cool as I'd hoped, but I'm not to wild about the color. I'll leave them up for a while, though, because I'm lazy and inert to see if maybe I'm just being too fussy. And if I get my act together, I'll post a pic. Because I know you're dying to see my poop-tastic new bathroom.

4 comments:

Andy said...

Fantastic to meet you... nice tenor!

Anonymous said...

Yes, let's see a picture!

Sounds like the blogger event was fun. It's always nice to know another blogger...at work.

Rick Aiello said...

It was indeed a nice evening... thanks for being there and thanks to Andy for the invite. :)

No Milk Please said...

wow! sounds like you guys had a good time. i am surprised that there aren't more of these meet and greets...