Thursday, June 27, 2019

EARLY DEBATE TAKEAWAYS:

• Tonight is WAY more spirited than last night
• I hate to play the “likable” card, but though I love a lot of what Bernie says I’m having a hard time liking him
• Oh, Pete. Pete, Pete, Pete. Why are you so awesome?
• You KNOW SHIT. You give thoughtful, meaningful, nuanced, practical answers to every question, you explain yourself amicably like you’re having a conversation with a friend, AND you politely stay within your allotted time. If you were gay I’d totally marry you.
• Kamala Harris: Play your Personal Integration History card loud and clear! It keeps you real and authoritative and I have great admiration for you.
• John Hickenlooper: You seem kind of deer-in-the-headlights when you get asked questions
• Plus you kind of look like a poorly embalmed corpse
• Marianne Williamson: I’ve never heard of you, but I feel like you should be singing your answers with a guitar and flowery headband
• Joe Biden: I remember when you made so many awkward gaffes at the beginning of the Obama administration that after a few months they quietly kept you hidden behind the bougainvillea.
• You haven’t stopped doing goofy shit that your opponents are going to feast on. You’re your own worst liability.
• Pete and Kamala almost drove themselves to tears talking about their most impassioned issues. LET’S JUST ALL AGREE NOW THEY SHOULD RUN TOGETHER.
• Eric Swalwell: I like you. I like what you think. But I instantly forget you every time someone else talks.
• Kamala Harris is getting lots of good TV time, but she’s squandering it on in-the-weeds anecdotes at the expense of articulating broader concepts and issues
• Andrew Yang: You’re smart. You’re capable. But your droopy Q rating is unfortunately going to sink you.
• Michael Bennet: I loved A Chorus Line
• That Anti-Biden commercial. OUCH.

No comments: