Thursday, June 20, 2019

Aaaaaand we're back!

After last year’s endless summer of endless running selfies, you thought you were finally done with us. But nooooooo. We’re back again this summer, and we’re older than ever. And slower. At least I am. Rob and Scott SAID they were out of practice and out of shape before this, our first run together of the summer, but you and I both know the endless bullshit they spew to humiliate me in my dotage. And, as expected, they finished this morning’s three-mile run a whole month ahead of me.

But! I ran an exact 12:00 pace. And I find desperate validation in round, even numbers. So there’s that. Plus I found this old shirt I used to wear when I was young and buff. It used to be sure-thing tight around my arms. Now it’s sure-gonna-suffocate-me tight around my gut. But we sure had nice running weather. And it was a good thing to run with these two again.

No comments: