Wednesday, July 08, 2009

I have a new respect for rock climbing

Because I just did it for three hours. And I have a bloody bruise on my knee to prove it. Which makes me totally badass. And just a little bit limpy.

For those of you keeping score at home, I made four climbs up a 65-foot wall. I made it to the top twice. I made it halfway up twice. And I completely fell off the wall and found myself dangling in space hanging from an alarmingly thin rope three times. Which is more than a little unnerving.

There are pictures. But they're not on my camera. I'll post them as soon as I get them. But first: sleep. Six hours of it. Because what's left of my body is going to be pummeled by my trainer starting at 7:00 tomorrow. And I want to be awake enough to enjoy all the street cred I get from my bloody, bruisy, badass knee.

No comments: