Sunday, October 12, 2008

4:50:09 ... Sigh ...

Well, the heat came back for the marathon again this year. But I finished the damn thing ... only 50 minutes behind my goal. My time was 30 minutes worse than my personal best but still 3 minutes better than my personal worst. So there's that.

And! The domestic partner, who had abandoned his marathon training sometime in June or July, decided to run today and just quit whenever he hit his wall. And dress me up like Sarah Palin and beat me across the head with a two-by-four, because he actually finished! He's understandably hurting worse than I am ... and even though he totally stole my thunder, I'm very proud of him. And as soon as we wake up from our nap and find that we can move our arms again, I just might give him a hug.

But now: nap time. Shhhhhh.

No comments: