Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I did not vote today.

At least not yet. But I sure tried.

My polling place NEVER has a line, but this morning it had a pretty freakin' big one. I stood in it for 45 mintues and got as close as 10 people away from voting, but I had a client presentation this morning, see. And EVEN THOUGH I TOLD THE PEOPLE WHO SCHEDULE THESE THINGS TO SCHEDULE THE PRESENTATION FOR LATE IN THE DAY it was scheduled at 10 am. And it was already 8:30, and my commute can last up to an hour. Especially on a rainy day.

So I had no choice to ditch my line and head to work. As a very angry employee.

But every action has a reaction, and I'm gonna ditch work early today and head back to that line. And then watch the returns with Andy and his cat and his boyfriend. (In that order; the boyfriend will be arriving late.)

In the mean time, of you're so stupid you still haven't found a reason to vote against Dubya, this should push you over the edge.

2 comments:

Will said...

Good for you for going twice to make sure you could get a vote in, Jake. You guys in Illinois at least made the right choice. If we'd had just one more big state . . .

iPhil said...

Well, Bush won. But you voted. Right?