Sunday, March 21, 2004

Buyer's Remorse

It turns out there's a reason the sexy black running shoes I bought yesterday make my feet look small: The shoes are too small. I wore them last night to Rick's movie night (where I just sat in them) and then to Sidetrack (where I just stood in them), and by the time I limped home I realized there was NO way I could ever run in them. So $40 poorer and infinitely wiser, I now have to figure out what the hell to do with them.

And speaking of the unpleasant aftermath of yesterday's big gay adventure, my freshly waxed forearms developed a LOVELY pattern of red splotches and bumps last night at Sidetrack. Good thing the lighting was relatively low.

In any case, my gay day wasn't quite over when I made yesterday's post. We decided to watch Victor/Victoria -- which I'd never seen -- last night at Rick's. And it was fabulous -- especially the throwaway moments like the inspector's barstool and Norma's inability to understand French.

No comments: