Sunday, August 31, 2003

It doesn't get much better than this.

Sunday morning. Big-band jazz on the surround sound. The smell of coffee. The Sunday Trib. Strawberries and toast and orange juice on the buffet. Conversation with my folks. Ultimate hosting satisfaction.

Yesterday we played big-city tourists: The Museum of Science and Industry, which could use some updating -- and a good scrubbing. People-watching from the sidewalk window of the Boystown Chipotle, which is hands-down the best fast food ever. Reckless Records, where I got a kick-ass recording of Ralph Vaughan Williams' Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis. DSW, my home away from home. Then a moonlit walk along the lakefront and home for small talk in my cool new club chairs.

1 comment:

Extenze said...

The Sunday Trib. Strawberries and toast and orange juice on the buffet. Conversation with my folks. Ultimate hosting satisfaction.