Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Well, shit

When we got our fabulous new marbled quartz counters last summer, the profile of the new peninsula countertop was smaller than the old one and we ended up with a little halo of unpainted wall around it that was so horrifyingly unsightly that I immediately waited an entire year to try to paint it in. Since I have all our household painting supplies out for my bedroom painting project right now, I figured I’d use the opportunity to finally touch it up. To make sure I didn’t use the wrong color from our many saved AND UNLABELED containers of leftover paint from throughout the house, I made little sample sticks of paper that I could hold up to the wall first to make sure I had the exact right paint. Which I did. AND WHICH DIDN’T WORK BECAUSE THE TOUCH-UP PAINT IS SIGNIFICANTLY LIGHTER AND I WASN’T TERRIBLY EXACTING IN MY PAINT APPLICATION AND NOW WE HAVE TO BURN DOWN THE HOUSE AND START OVER.

No comments: