Friday, June 14, 2019

Happy 55th wedding anniversary to my amazing parents!

Like their parents before them, they continue to set a quiet example of unbounded altruism and unquestioning kindness, whether they're securing food, clothing and shelter for people in need; providing comfort and care for sick friends and strangers alike; prioritizing their lives around the needs and activities of their grandchildren; taking in their broken son and working fiercely to repatriate him through endless ups and downs; or simply providing a freshly baked pie for someone in need of delicious homemade goodness. They’ve gracefully faced challenges like my dad's macular degeneration and my mom’s breast cancer head-on, invited lonely people to join us for Christmas dinner, and good-naturedly endured constant ribbing from their children. The example they set for us is so genuine and so inspiring that I fear I can never do it justice in the way I live my life. They love us unconditionally and we gratefully love them back. I'm proud to call them my parents and I'm thrilled that I can laud them publicly so the people who are important to me can celebrate their anniversary with us.

No comments: