Saturday, September 18, 2004

Warming up for Sunday, me hearties

ONE

My first Chicago Half Marathon kicks off tomorrow morning at 7:30, tendons willing. After this week's Monday Of Pain and a week of rest and stretching (and good drugs!), things seem to have calmed down to the point where I think I'll be OK.

If you hear a scream worthy of Greek tragedy echoing across the land around 7:40 am (CT), you'll know things turned out differently.


TWO

Talk Like A Pirate Day kicks off tomorrow the moment you wake up.

If you need any help, I leave you with the lyrics to the theme song from THE BEST DISNEY RIDE EVER:

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We pillage, we plunder, we rifle, and loot,
Drink up, me hearties, yo ho.
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot,
Drink up, me hearties, yo ho.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We extort, we pilfer, we filch, and sack,
Drink up, me hearties, yo ho.
Maraud and embezzle, and even high-jack,
Drink up, me hearties, yo ho.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We kindle and char, inflame and ignite,
Drink up, me hearties, yo ho.
We burn up the city, we're really a fright,
Drink up, me hearties, yo ho.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We're rascals, scoundrels, villans, and knaves,
Drink up, me hearties, yo ho.
We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs,
Drink up, me hearties, yo ho.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We're beggars and blighters, ne'er-do-well cads,
Drink up, me hearties, yo ho.
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,
Drink up, me hearties, yo ho.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I LOVE that ride at Disney World! (so much better than Disneyland's - yes, they are different and yes, I know it's sad that I know that)