Friday, June 11, 2004

A weekend in the country.

How amusing. How delightfully droll.

I take off this afternoon for a weekend chorus retreat in bucolic Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.

On the agenda:
• endless rehearsals in rooms designed NOT to carry sound
• bonding rituals
• mediocre food
• a couple miles' running if the weather is nice
• the always-fun No Talent Show, for which I didn't prepare anything this year

The place where we're staying is a huge campus of cabins and meeting rooms rendered habitable year-round by a series of glassed-in, above-ground tunnels -- not unlike a giant Habitrail.

And when I get back on Sunday, I have a second date with Red Shirt -- albeit a second date at a crowded street fair with a group of his friends -- some of whom are my friends as well. I can't decide if it will be awkward or fun.

I'll let you know either way.

3 comments:

Wannabeleader said...

Hi,

I'm sure you will be great at the talent show!

Steven Neff

Anonymous said...

Let us know if it's anything like the movie 'Camp'. Hmmm.

-Plish

Anonymous said...

Hey now, Lake Geneva is the home of Dungeons and Dragons! - Jimbo