Thursday, June 24, 2004

33 years ago today ...

I became a big brother.

And while my little sister and I fought like cats and dogs all the way through junior high, we've become best friends as adults. She's an excellent teacher who keeps her kids wrapped around her little finger; a spectacular mommy who's raising the two most delightful, articulate children; and a beacon of inspiration for anyone who's ever tried to be a thoughtful friend, get the best deal on a car, manage a household, organize a party, or live with a frustrating food allergy (in her case, gluten ... which is in EVERYTHING).

Happy birthday, little sister. I love you!

* * * * *

In other news, there was a guy on my elevator this morning reading my queer-ass Chicago magazine profile without realizing he was standing right next to me. Trippy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy dance to your sister. Mine just gave birth to her first child this year.

Re: profile.
LOL (laugh out loud)

joela.blogspot.com

Sven said...

classic.

you should have leaned over his shoulder, pointed to your picture and been like... THAT GUY IS HOT!!!!

Sven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sven said...

oh... have fun at the party too!

Flip X said...

How dare he not recognise you! *shock, gasp, indignation, back to shock* I'm appalled that you didn't throw a diva act right then and there. Jake!