Saturday, March 19, 2005

I've doubled my tat collection!

TATTOO #1:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
art: Mickey Mouse
location: outside left ankle
location appropriateness for showing co-workers (1-10): 8
pain factor (1-10): 7.5
tat date: the day after Thanksgiving 1991
healing time: months and months of scabbing and bleeding and limping (I felt like I'd been clubbed)
cost: $50 in cash, can't remember if I left a tip
reason: ink gives you street cred
observation: it's really hard to take a clear picture of the outside of your own ankle

TATTOO #2:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
art: the date and finishing time for my first marathon
location: lower back, just below my underwear line
location appropriateness for showing co-workers (1-10): 1
percentage of co-workers I've shown it to anyway: 80
pain factor (1-10): 5
tat date: the day before St. Patrick's Day 2005
healing time: 48 hours, minimal bleeding
cost: $60 + $10 tip on a credit card that gives me cash back!
reason: marathon bragging rights, an excuse to get another tattoo
observation: it's really hard to take a clear picture of the space just above your own buttcrack

TATTOO #2 REJECTED LOCATION:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
location: arch of my right foot
expected pain factor (1-10): I was gonna guess around 4
demonstrated PhotoShop skills (1-10): 1.5
reasons for wanting that location: foot tattoos are sexy, it won't be embarrassingly prominent when I'm 80, my right leg is the one that gave me all the trouble when I was training for and running the marathon and IT MUST BE PUNISHED
reason that location was rejected: the tattoo guy said that your feet slough off cells so quickly, the tattoo would literally be gone in a matter of weeks
location appropriateness for showing co-workers (1-10): 5
percentage of co-workers I would have shown it to anyway: 90
observation: it's really hard to take a clear picture of the arch of your own foot

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had fun reading 100 things about you, and these tatoos are interesting.Just don't get too obsessed with inking up that bod of yours.

Ryan said...

I saw a woman with typewriter alphabet letters all over her arm the other day. It was actually kind of hot, though.

Rick Aiello said...

I would have to imagine that the foot thing would have hurt like a bitch. Not worth it if it would have disappeared quickly. (Imagine walking (or dancing- hello!) with that thing scabbing and healing? FUN!)

dantallion said...

I like the idea behind the marathon day and time.

But damn you for making think all over again about getting my very first tattoo...between the shoulder blades. I wonder what the pain factor's gonna be like?

Michael Guy said...

I dunno. That hairy ankle 'mickey' tattoo sorta has a 'decoupage' crackle look to it. Maybe I'll go modge podge a jewel box for my niece and use this as the centerpiece. Got macaroni and a glue gun?

dan said...

You kick ass at photoshop. But you chose right, a foot is an akward place for a tattoo, although I understand the marathon significance. If I ran a marathon I'd tattoo it on my forehead.