Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I did not vote today.

At least not yet. But I sure tried.

My polling place NEVER has a line, but this morning it had a pretty freakin' big one. I stood in it for 45 mintues and got as close as 10 people away from voting, but I had a client presentation this morning, see. And EVEN THOUGH I TOLD THE PEOPLE WHO SCHEDULE THESE THINGS TO SCHEDULE THE PRESENTATION FOR LATE IN THE DAY it was scheduled at 10 am. And it was already 8:30, and my commute can last up to an hour. Especially on a rainy day.

So I had no choice to ditch my line and head to work. As a very angry employee.

But every action has a reaction, and I'm gonna ditch work early today and head back to that line. And then watch the returns with Andy and his cat and his boyfriend. (In that order; the boyfriend will be arriving late.)

In the mean time, of you're so stupid you still haven't found a reason to vote against Dubya, this should push you over the edge.

4 comments:

SparklesMpls said...

Good for you for at least trying! I went over lunch today and found I only had to wait 30 seconds. The guy who verified my previous registration was about 90 years old and kept holding me back to flirt with me... hinting that we both lived in the same building so maybe we could get together. Hah. He was a cute old man at least :-) Good luck with your presentation!

Will said...

Good for you for going twice to make sure you could get a vote in, Jake. You guys in Illinois at least made the right choice. If we'd had just one more big state . . .

Sean said...

Our president... as mature as a 4th grade

iPhil said...

Well, Bush won. But you voted. Right?