Saturday, July 07, 2007

Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows!

The fine folks at Hotmail seem to have given up on us Mac users, so I made the switch to Gmail yesterday. I painstakingly transferred my entire address book (299 people! I'm more popular than Dubya!) and sent a cold, impersonal mass email instructing everyone to update their own address books. While I was bothering all those nice people, I also put in a shameless plea for AIDS Marathon sponsorships (click the red box to your right if you're apoplectic with guilt for not sponsoring me yet) and included the URL for my blog along with current phone number and address info.

Then last night as I lay in bed, I realized to my horror that my most current blog post was spewing with invective and f-bombs regarding the theft of my boyfriend’s car radio. And since I actually do know people who aren’t in the habit of swearing as much as I do, I thought I should at least make a post that wouldn’t burn off the eyebrows of my more genteel friends. And colleagues. And my boss. And some of my parents’ nice friends who have sponsored me in the past. (Hi, everyone!)

So here goes. I sure hope I can pull off the nice-boy act convincingly, at least for one blog post:
Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
Everything that's wonderful is sure to come your way
'Cause you're in love, you're in love,
And love is here to stay!

No comments: