Monday, April 01, 2019

My Fair Lady > Elf > Full Monty > 9 to 5 > Follies

Yesterday marked the end of an eight-month marathon of rehearsals and performances for five overlapping shows. It’s been fun and exciting and challenging and exhausting, but now I’m more than ready to put my dance bag in the back of my closet and delete all the screen grabs of still-need-to-memorize lyrics from my phone and contemplate the joys of maybe actually watching a television show. Or seeing a movie. Or having more than 30 minutes to work out after work. Or maybe finally Swiffering my long-neglected bedroom floor.
Speaking of unmentionable bedroom filth, what the hell do you suppose was the creative spark behind this disconcerting advertisement ... or how the agency convinced Joan Crawford that fanning her skirt around would make a compelling sales pitch for Lysol?

Subtext, Joan. Subtext.

No comments: