Friday, April 05, 2019

EVERY CALLER EVER TO CALL NPR/WBEZ'S ON POINT:

[audio delay] [extra pause just to set the stage for sounding stupid] Hello! Um ... ah ... how are you? *actually wastes time waiting for an answer* ... thanks for ta ... I love your show and thanks for taking my call ... *holds phone really far from mouth and drives through tunnel to muffle all words and sounds* ... so I just have one thi ... well, two things so I'll make it quick ... um ... ah ... thanks for taking my call ... so in regards to what the last person just said ... and I'll be real quick about thi ... um ... ah ... I have no idea what I'm talking about ... and I've made no effort to educate myself on today's topic beyond my own insular experience ... it's a miracle I'm even listening for comprehension regarding what your panel is saying on this show today ... and it's an even bigger miracle that I've taken the initiative to listen for your phone number in the middle of all my not paying attention ... do your producers even take three seconds to screen your calls? ... um ... ah ... but I'm going to sound off anyway ... thanks for taking my call ... and I'll be real quick about this ...

No comments: