Friday, September 08, 2017

Flashback Friday: Neck Tattoo Edition

Remember Jeffrey -- he of the bad-boy tortured-intellectual wardrobe and the unfortunate facial hair and the also-bad-boy neck tattoos and the delicate mastery of pleating silk crepe -- from Project Runway? I more-or-less dressed as him -- complete with a temporary neck tattoo, which I somehow managed to put on crooked -- for a Project Runway party eight years ago during my annual summer Rehoboth sojourn.

Except remember how I just said the tattoo was temporary? Temporary my NECK. I had to use an entire bottle of baby oil, a belt sander and a welding-grade blowtorch to get the damn thing off. Plus when I was done, I could see my uvula without opening my mouth. (U-vu-la. Sounds naughty, right? But it isn't.)

Anyway, I get points for attempted authenticity. And schlepping my combat boots to a summer beach-house vacation. But not for my ham-handed attempts at pleating silk crepe.

No comments: