Wednesday, August 16, 2017

So this just happened

It seems I've been cast as one of the Guvnors in One Man, Two Guvnors, leaving the roles of One Man and The Other Guvnor of course in the hands of two other dudes. 

I've never played someone who was in the title of the show before. Probably because Evita's Brother and Smudge the Socially Awkward Plaid wouldn't fit on the marquee. Plus I haven't done a non-musical in more than two years. If I remember correctly, all you need to do in a regular play is just say a lot of words and occasionally point at stuff. So this should be easy. 

But I'm stoked beyond belief over this opportunity and this role and this show and this director and this CAST. And I'm going to keep my tap shoes backstage during every show just in case. Because I'm liable to burst into song at a moment's notice anyway. And some habits are hard to break.

No comments: