Saturday, August 15, 2009

Congratulations to David and Alma

You two are the coolest people I know. And I know a lot of people.

I will always remember how happily you welcomed me into your world when my husband first introduced us. And how you didn't even blink over my bizarre sense of humor. And how you continue to lower the bar in every conversation we have.

I will always remember that when I had my fake heart attack last year and got whisked away in an ambulance while my husband was out of town, you tracked me down and stayed with me in the emergency room for the five hours it took the doctors to figure out I only had a cracked rib and a pinched nerve.

I will always remember how often you went out of your way to include my husband's developmentally disabled brother in your plans ... often just to give us an occasional night to ourselves.

I will always remember how gracefully you included him in your wedding ... from the ring shopping to the wedding party itself. He was so proud to be a part of your day. And I was so proud to know you.

You two deserve every happiness. And I wish every day of your lives to be happier than the last.

No comments: