Sunday, September 14, 2003

My first stripper buck!

The show went over fabulously well -- despite the fact that we had no technical rehearsals and I had a bitch of a time hearing the piano on the monitors. And someone even stuck a dollar in my pants while I was singing! Woo-hoo!

The show was about half drag queens and half people singing live. The drag queens, of course, always haul in the bucks for their coutured histrionics. We singers are just lucky if we remember all the words. And since the show was in a bar, the audience wasn't always inclined to listen to the quiet stuff. My song started out quiet, but by the time I hit my money notes at the end, I think I had every ear open and every mouth shut. And I think we raised a good chunk of change for our benefit organizations.

No comments: